Pros and Cons of Having a Walk in Shower
A walk in shower can be a wonderful addition to your bathroom if you decide to have one installed. There are many benefits to using this over a traditional bathtub or shower, but there are also some disadvantages you may want to look into. By weighing your options out, you should be able to determine if this installation is a good idea for your home. Listed below are some of the pros and cons of using a walk in shower so you can figure out what you want to do for your home.
Walk in Shower Safety Benefits
One of the obvious benefits of having a walk in shower is that you get to walk straight into it. You do not have to worry about possibly tripping over the side of the tub when you use the shower. This is great if you have limited mobility because you can still get in to bathe without having to go through difficult challenges to get into the bathtub. All you have to do is open the door and step in. There are handles inside of most walk in showers so you can grab onto something while you shower and while you get in. This is the most handicap and limited mobility friendly option around.
A walk in shower is also easier to clean than a bathtub because you do not have to bend over the side of the tub to get to the floor or walls. You can simply open the door and step inside. If you need to clean the floors or something else, they are readily accessible for you to work with. Otherwise, you can focus on the walls or the glass as needed.
You don't have to worry about a shower curtain in this case, so that is one less thing to clean. Spray your glass doors down instead. Some people complain about the lack of privacy with a walk in shower, but you can get heavily tinted or textured glass to change that. If you are worried about the high costs of installation associated with walk in showers, then you can think about converting your existing tub into a walk-in to save a ton of money. With a good company, this will only take a couple days to do and will cost far less than a fresh installation. You always have an option, so look into the installers in your area if you think this is the right plan for you.
Tub to Shower Conversion - Is It a Good Idea?
Have you thought about getting a tub to shower conversion as opposed to installing a new walk in shower? Most people don't even realize they can have their tub converted into a walk in shower, but that is a viable option to take into consideration. Installers can use the existing plumbing and siding in a bathtub to make a whole new walk in shower that you can use. As long as the tub and its components work, you can get the walk in of your dreams. Here is a quick analysis to determine if this is a good idea or not. For the most part, a tub to shower conversion will take much less time to do than a full installation. Some tubs can be converted in a single day, but almost all of them can be done in less than two. This is because the installers in this case already have the foundation they need to work with, so all they have to do is minor alterations. You will be able to get your bathroom back in order in a weekend, and then you can move onto working on some other projects in the home.
Some tubs can be converted in a single day, but almost all of them can be done in less than two.
Tub to shower conversions use fewer materials than a full installation, and require less labor. Thus you can save a ton of money by going this route as opposed to doing something else. If you are worried about not liking the results, rest assured that you will be getting a customized installation that is fit to your specific needs. You can plan the look, feel, and function of the shower so that you like what happens with it. There is no worry about having a cookie cutter walk in shower when you have a custom tub conversion in your home. The big question in all of this is whether a tub to shower conversion is a good idea. The answer is yes every time. Whether you want to save money, save time, or save stress, this is the best option for you.
If you have a need for a walk in shower, you may want to look into your conversion options. You just need to make sure you find a good team of people in your area that you can rely on to get the job done. With them at hand working on your tub, you will have the shower of your dreams soon enough.
How to Save Money on Your Bathroom Remodel
A bathroom remodel is one of the most common explorations that someone can do for their home. This can be a very costly project in many cases, even though it will add value to your home in the end. Nevertheless, you may be working on a budget or you may simply want to save money in the end. Whatever the case may be, there are some simple things you can do to save money on your bathroom renovation. Listed below are a few tips you can keep in mind the next time you go to do a remodel.
- Bathroom Remodel: One easy way to save money in a bathroom remodel is to have your bathtub converted into a walk in shower as opposed to having a whole new shower put in place. This process uses fewer materials and also takes less time to complete. If you don't mind your shower or the basic fixtures inside, you may want to think about having your bathtub converted. This is a delicate process, so you will need to make sure you have a team or professionals you can call on to do the work. They could save you a great deal of money though.
- Walls & Tiling: If you need to have new tile put into your shower, you may think about getting pre-made lining instead. This is easy to clean and much simpler to install. You cannot do this with the floor tiles in your bathroom remodel, but you can at least do it to the walls of the shower.
- Flooring: For the floor tiles, you can always look for sales online or at a local home improvement shop to see if you can get cheaper flooring in the end. You might also be able to save money if you can install it on your own.
- Fixtures: To further save money on your bathroom remodel, consider replacing the hardware in the bathroom rather than the actual fixtures inside. This is a small change that comes with a small cost, but it can dramatically change the way your bathroom looks. Sometimes old faucets and door handles can age a bathroom that otherwise has new features. By replacing those, you can complete the look you are aiming for.
- The Little Things: A new set of towels or a new shower curtain may be all you need after that to get the bathroom of your dreams. Start planning out your bathroom today.
New Shower - What are the options?
If you are in need of a new shower for your home, there are a few different options you can take into consideration. All of these have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it is up to you as to what you decide to get in the end. Cost will certainly come into play here because bathrooms can be costly to work on. The more money you have, the more options you can think about. However, there is always a viable option no matter who you are or what you want to do. Here is a look at a few of the choices you can keep in mind.
If you have a new home in development, you can choose to have a shower installed before any of the bathroom is completed. That way you can plan out where you want the other fixtures in relation to the shower, like the bathtub, the toilet, the sink, and other items you will need in there. This kind of installation is usually the most expensive because you have to get a new shower from the ground up. Nevertheless, it is something to look into if you are paying for a whole new bathroom.
If you already have a bathtub in your bathroom, you can actually get a new shower just by converting your existing tub. Some people think that means simply putting a shower head in place. While that is one option, it doesn't exactly provide a sense of luxury in the bathroom. If you get your tub converted to a walk in shower though, you can still spend a small amount of time and money and get a lot out of the installation. Installers can use what you already have in your bathroom to make a full walk in shower for you. You can get a new shower even when you have a tub in place if you decide you want to rip everything out of the bathroom. This can be a very expensive project to take on, but it is not out of the question. Some people like to do this because they hate the tub, tile, and other pieces they already have in place. They want to work from scratch. What you decide to do is entirely up to you, but at least now you have an idea of what you may be able to do in your home. Your shower is not far away.
Below are some of the articles printed online with various ideas for bathtub to shower conversions.
When is it Time for a Shower Remodel? Submitted by Davidre Elisson Fri, 7 May 2010 There may come a day when you are thinking about a walk in shower remodel project and what it could mean for you and your home. Who knows, maybe that day is already here. If you are trying to decide whether or not a remodel is a good idea, think about the following details:
- Does your current shower look bad? If you do not like the visual appeal of what you have right now, it may be time to make a change. With a shower remodel job you can upgrade your bathroom in no time at all. Soon enough you will love walking into your bathroom.
- Bad for the house. If you find that your shower is causing damage to your home, such as by a leak, you need to take immediate action. Many people think they can fix the issue on their own, but end up making things worse. If a walk in shower remodel can help improve the overall safety and well being of your home, consider starting right now.
- Bad for your health. With so much water being moved around the area, as well as high level of moisture in the air, bathrooms are a breeding ground for everything from mold to mildew to soap scum. Even though you may not think this is a big deal, these can lead to many health problems. Fortunately, with a shower remodel you can get rid of any problems you are having now while also helping to prevent them in the future.
- Do any of the three situations above sound familiar? If so, you must think long and hard about a shower remodel project. You may spend money, but in the long run you are bettering your house and your health. Don't delay if you feel that a walk in shower remodel is long overdue - you can get started today.
Why Choose TubtoShower.com | Conversion Services | Contact Us
I just wanted to take the time to express how happy my mother and I are with the bathtub conversion to shower your son Matt did. We are so very happy. I had no idea the results would be so professional yet very stylish. As you stated people often expressed the finished product looked as if it was originally made that way and I echo those comments.
Read more reviews...
Loretta A grateful customer
Offering handicap and Senior limited mobility walk in showers. Serving all 48 continental states. Contact us today.